The performance of HRTC is adjudged best in all parameters amongst the Hills STUs of the Country. Following awards/Trophies have been awarded to the Corporation:
- Vehicle Productivity Award (1998-01, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2016-17.
- Lowest Operation Cost, Maximum improvement in KMPL, Highest improvement in KMPL (2001-02, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2016-17).
- Minimum operational cost amongst Hill STUs for the year 2008-09.
- Transport Minister Trophy (MORTH) for the years 2004-05 for providing efficient and safe transport service along with cash prize of Rs.1.25 lakh.
- Transport Minister Trophy (MORTH) for the years 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10 for providing efficient and safe transport service along with cash prize of Rs.1.50 lakh.
- SKOCH Order of Merit Award for Operation of Electric Buses from Manali to Rohtang Pass and Other Areas as on 22nd June, 2018.
- India Bus Award during 7th July, 2018 for Operation of Electric Buses from Manali to Rohtang Pass and Other Areas under category "Excellence in Environmental Initiative- Public"
- HRTC awarded with "Commendable Initiative Award" for the project “Operation of Electric Buses to Rohtang Pass and around Manali” under the category of "Best City in Urban Transport Initiatives" by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India on 4th November, 2018 at Nagpur.
HolidayIQ.com awarded best in AC Buses on the basis of feedback from customers all over India